Green roofs provide a number of environmental and engineering benefits, from enhanced aesthetics to reduced energy consumption. Moy offer a range of green roof finishes suitable to both extensive and intensive applications and combine the planting scheme and its component parts with our range of waterproofing system solutions, offering total peace of mind from the deck up.
We can supply your total extensive green roof, with a variety of sedum blankets for different conditions or preferences. Our blankets can include sedum species native to the British Isles, native wild flower, ornamental grasses and culinary herbs to add a scent to your roof garden. We also supply cuttings, plug plants and even hydro seeding solutions for larger roofs. The environmental benefits of green roofing are well known but it’s also got to look right. Our expertise in Green Roofs will ensure that your client has a roof worth looking at and looking after.
The Paralon total green roof system is BBA certified as an assembly (achieved in conjunction with our Green Roof partners APP-Diadem), giving you peace of mind that you are choosing a green roof that will stand the test of time. Moy provide all the accessory items necessary to complete your Green Roof Project. For Extensive Sedum Roof Gardens we provide:
- Root Resistant Barriers.
- Protection and water storage fleece layers.
- A variety of reservoir and drainage layers in convenient board sizes.
- Rainwater outlets and inspection chambers.
- Folded aluminium edging to separate growing areas from pebble boarders.
- Specially formulated growing soils which promote healthy sedum growth and minimise weeding.
- Sedum vegetation blankets, plug plants and hydro seeding for suitable projects.
If the green roof is to be used as a recreational area, walked upon, or forms part of a landscaping aesthetic, then an intensive green roof would be preferable.The Paralon total green roof system is BBA certified as an assembly (achieved in conjunction with our Green Roof partners APP-Diadem), giving you peace of mind that you are choosing a green roof that will stand the test of time.
The drainage board depth is increased and the type of growth medium altered. Our green roof partners, APP Diadem, supply a wide range of drainage boards to suit even the most challenging planting schemes. Paralon membranes will retain their root repellent characteristics for the lifespan of the roof system. An intensive green roof will offer the widest possible variety in planting and landscaping choices
Moy provide all the accessory items necessary to complete your Green Roof Project. For Intensive Roof Gardens we provide:
- Fall Arrest and Lightning protection systems which do not penetrate the waterproofing layers.
- Edge protection railings that utilise the self-weight of the roof garden to resist overturning.
- Planter construction walls, with a range of finishes, which are factory cut to allow the formation of complex planter designs, incorporating conduit for electrical fittings.
- Drainage channels and foot grilles to keep door thresholds clean and clear of water.
- Irrigation units to maintain water supply.